Main Menu

Thread for minor Pulp mysteries

Started by weej, Sep 29, 2026, 02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weej

On a Wikipedia trawl today, I saw this on the page listing hidden tracks on LPs - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_albums_containing_a_hidden_track#P

Pulp, His 'n' Hers: Track 12 is a hidden song about a dysfunctional family.

The reference links to this newspaper article from 1995: https://www.newspapers.com/article/the-times-mail-variety-of-bands-includin/181678441/

What on Earth do we imagine this could have been about?

hawalius1

#1
I think they're talking about Razzmatazz - a bonus track on the US edition. It does talk about sisters, brothers, and mothers. And Discogs notes that it was an unlisted bonus track.

eamonn

Now this is the kind of Eerie Indiana lore I can get behind! Sadly, upon reading the next post, Pulpmagic disappeared from my mind as I think Kev is correct  :(

weej

Think you're probably right & someone should probably correct Wikipedia. Poor listening skills from that journalist.

https://www.discogs.com/release/1133451-Pulp-His-N-Hers

Anyway, a nice thread for you all to share any unimportant mysteries you have found, if you want to use it.

eamonn

#4
I wonder how far "The Tones Of Evil" (the start of Acrylic Afternoons) got as a tune. During the same HnH sessions, "Razz II" was scrapped. Ed Buller still dreams about His n Hers (see his social media post yesterday), let's ask him!

Weed

I vaguely remember an explaination somewhere but I have forgotten now...

Why is there always, what sounds like, a sample of glass breaking at the end of Disco 2000 when they play it live?

seductivebarry


FarmerMatty

The guy from 'Grown Ups'? He's a made up name to protect the identity of a friend of Jarv's who said the quote in the song.

eamonn